Social media is important to anyone or any business that wants to promote and market their business. Whether it is tweeting on Twitter, posting to Facebook or managing your LinkedIn account, social media is important but can also take a lot of time. These companies and services can help you manage your social media content and postings. Each company offers different types of features and pricing plans. All of these companies can help you manage your social media web pages and your time efficiently.
Covered in this report
Has the most plans and features.
Is usable on the most social media websites.
Best for: The person or business that needs to manage their social media content on all social media websites.
Is a simple plan with two plans to choose from.
Allows you to manage your social media content on the three most popular social media websites, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
Best for: People or businesses that only need to manage content on the three main social media websites.
Is the simplest plan and will manage as many Twitter accounts as you need.
Is completely free to use with good features to manage Twitter accounts.
Best for: Those that only need to manage one or multiple Twitter accounts.
Hootsuite is a service that will manage all of your social media pages for you. They were founded by the current CEO, Ryan Holmes, in 2008. Hootsuite will manage all of your content on the following social media websites:
- Hootsuite apps for many social websites including Tumblr, Flickr and YouTube.
Hootsuite has the following features:
- Custom analytics will show you how your marketing campaigns are working.
- Teams feature allows you to organize your teams in large or small groups.
- Conversations lets your teams communicate without leaving the Hootsuite dashboard.
- Message Management: This feature simplifies the way you monitor and publish to your followers.
- Hootsuite has mobile apps for the iPhone, iPad and the Android.
- Hootsuite uses the https secure internet connection for complete security of your entire group's passwords and conversations.
Hootsuit Social Analytics video
Hootsuite Plans and Pricing
They have three main plans for you to choose from, but the Pro Plan has several plans and pricing options than can be very confusing. Each plan offers Hootsuite Conversations and unlimited apps. The three plans and their prices are:
Hootsuite Free Plan
The Hootsuite free plan is always free and includes the following features:
- 5 social profiles
- Basic analytical reports
- Message scheduling
- 2 RSS/Atom feeds
- The Hootsuite free plan does not offer any team members.
The Hootsuite Pro Plan
The Hootsuite Pro Plan costs $8.99 per month or $107.88 annually. They currently offer a 30-day free trial plan. The Pro Plan includes these features:
- 50 social profiles
- 1 additional team member
- 1 enhanced analytical report
- Advanced message scheduling
- Unlimited RSS feeds
- Hootsuite University learning and certification program is optional.
The Hootsuite Pro Plan has several customizable plans and prices that you can choose from.
- Pro Team includes Hootsuite University enrollment, 1 additional user and HootCare for free. The cost is $409 annually after the 7.5% discount.
- Pro Analytics plan includes Hootsuite University enrollment, 2 users, free HootCare, free social media coaching, 1 analytical report and free ow.ly custom vanity URL. The cost is $809.08 annually after the 7.5% package discount.
- Customer packages. You can customize packages by adding more users and additional reports and social profiles for additional fees.
The Hootsuite Enterprise Plan is their top plan. You need to contact them for pricing. The Enterprise Plan includes the following features.
- Unlimited social profiles
- From 5 to more than 500,000 team members
- Enhanced analytics
- Compliance integrations (compliant archiving for FSI and regulated industries).
- Hootsuite University is included
Hootsuit Teams video
Hootsuite Customer Ratings
Hootsuite has been given an overall rating of 4 out of 5 stars by Amazon.com with the following customer comments.
- "A really nice implementation, a hub for your social media. I've been using Hootsuite for ages on my PC and I'm happy to find it available for the Kindle too."
- "I've tried a number of Twitter applications over the years and they vary greatly in functionality. I admit that Hootsuite on the Kindle was not my first choice, even though I'm a hootsuite user on my desktop computer. The other application doesn't exist on this platform so I went to Hootsuite. I wasn't disappointed though. As well as running the three accounts on Twitter, I can view and post my LinkedIn and Facebook Page accounts too. Plus filtering content on, say, hashtags is easy too…"
- "Keeps all my social media in one place and makes it easier to manage. Also lets me see and manage pages which I admin and is easy to switch from one to the other."
HootSuite has also won the following awards:
- Mashable Awards 2010 for the Best Social Media Management Tool
- The 2009 Shorty Awards for Best Application
- The 2011 Digi Awards for Canada's Top Digital Companies
Hootsuite supports Internet Explorer 7 and 8, Firefox 3, Safari 4 and Chrome 4 and higher.
You can pay for the Hootsuite plans with Visa, MasterCard, American Express and PayPal.
buffer was founded in 2010 by Joel Gascoigne in his bedroom in Birmingham, UK. Today, buffer has over 800,000 users and is based in San Francisco. buffer is a service that will manage your social media pages throughout the day. They are not as complicated as the other social manager services and they do not offer as many features. For many users buffer is fine for managing their social media accounts. buffer will manage your content and postings on the following social media websites.
buffer works throughout the day, you fill up your buffer in the morning, and buffer will send out your tweets, content and messages throughout the day. They have the following features.
- You can add as many posts and tweets to your buffer as you want to.
- 12 social profiles.
- Allows 2 team members.
- Detailed analytics on every post you send out.
buffer Plans and Pricing
buffer does not have much information about their plan, mainly because it is that simple to follow. The cost for buffer is $10 per month and you can cancel at any time or get a refund.
They also have an expanded plan that allows more social accounts and team members with additional features than their $10 plan has. You have to email the company to find out the pricing and additional features.
Platforms and Mobile Devices
buffer works with the following browser and mobile devices:
- Google Chrome
buffer Customer Comments
The following are some buffer customer comments from the Google Chrome Store.
- "Scheduled (delayed) Posting - that's exactly what I was waiting for! Great App, awesome functionality, and a sympathetic team behind. Good work, keep it up!"
- "While I believe that engagement is very important, Buffer has saved me so much time and effort when it comes to publishing the important news stories that keep my members and customers informed. It is still my responsibility to follow-up with discussion on the topics that I use Buffer to tweet and post. I also love that I can use my Best Time To Tweet report from SocialBro to make sure that my Buffer tweets go out at just the right time. Fantastic app that I was happy to donate to when I realized how much I was using and loving it."
- "Must have for everyone who surfs with a zeal to share! SO simple to use. Install to Chrome, find something to share and buffer, and click the icon. Easy as 1-2-3. Works great with Twitter."
- "One of the most awesome, simple ways of keeping content fresh, and fuelled, through multiple social media channels! Great work guys, keep up the excellent work! Am using it on Chrome, Firefox, via my iPhone and Android!! Great tool, great platform, and super useful too!"
TweetDeck is part of Twitter, but you will have to register and sign in with TweetDeck even if you already have a Twitter account. TweetDeck allows you to manage multiple Twitter accounts at the same time. You can also synchronize your Twitter accounts across different computers. Unlike the other social media manager services, TweetDeck only works with Twitter. TweetDeck gives you the following features.
- Powerful filters that lets you see only what you want to.
- Schedule tweets.
- The ability to arrange your feeds with customizable columns.
- You can manage and monitor unlimited accounts.
There is not a lot of information on their website, mainly because it is so simple to use. TweetDeck has a good help page that explains how to use all features of TweetDeck. The TweetDeck app works with desktop computers, web apps and Google Chrome.
TweetDeck also works with the following:
TweetDeck is free to use and has no pricing plans.
TweetDeck Customer Comments
TweetDeck users are currently complaining that the latest version, 3.0.5, is worse than previous versions. Customers recommend that you find an older version of TweetDeck and use it instead of the latest version. TweetDeck has the following customer comments on Cnet.com.
- "If it wasn't broken why fix it? People are so over the top and forget the simplicity of why something was working in the first place."
- "Track down the old version and stick with it. Some mildly useful updates don't make up for breaking a product, then not fixing it."
- "Twitters TweetDeck does not yet have the cool of the original TweetDeck. But it does have more features that any of the other programs that I checked And the fact that it uses less system resource that any of the other big name programs that I checked is a biggie. In these days when it takes all you have to run the anti virus programs."
- "TweetDeck 0.38.2 and earlier was my favorite Twitter client. With this new release, Twitter has destroyed it. Fortunately, it installs independently from the old AIR version, so I can still run the old version (which I currently still do). If you want to use TweetDeck, find the old AIR version somewhere. Many non-official sources are still offering it. It currently still works until Twitter does something to their API to break it (and I wouldn't be surprised if they do something to break the old TweetDeck). So thank you Twitter, for ruining one of the best Twitter apps ever created."